2019 Annual Chapter Meeting
October 18-20, 2019
Please join us at the ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico Chapter fall meeting to be held in Houston, Texas, October 18 – 20, 2019! This year’s conference will provide opportunities for chapter members to visit Houston museums and libraries and catch up with fellow TXMX colleagues. The weekend’s tours and activities will be centered in the vibrant and diverse Houston Museum District.
The Research Roundtable continues in its 4th year, and will be a great time for chapter members to share research and projects they have been working on at their respective institutions. A call for participation will be go out on the TXMX and ARLIS/NA listservs, so keep an eye out for these messages.
Registration will open soon, so check back!
We will not have an official hotel for this meeting, so attendees should arrange accommodations on their own. Please see below for a list of hotels within a reasonable distance from all of the venues we will be visiting.
Hotel ZaZa, Houston Museum District, 5701 Main St, Houston, TX 77005-1824
Preliminary Schedule (subject to change)
Friday October 18
- 1:00-2:00 pm: Sarah Campbell Blaffer Foundation Center for Conservation tour, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- 2:30-4:00 pm: Prints and Ceramics from Little Egypt Enterprises exhibition talk and tour with Pete Gershon, Glassell School of Art, MFAH
Dinner on your own, or join your colleagues for a casual walk over to Rice University to see the public art on campus and James Turrell’s Twilight Epiphany Skyspace.
Saturday, October 19
- 10:00 am-12:00 pm: Library and Archives tour, Menil Collection
- 12:00-2:00 pm: Lunch on your own
- 2:00 pm-4:00 pm: Tours (To Be Announced)
- 7:00 pm: Chapter Dinner
Sunday, October 20
- 10:00-11:00 am: Research Roundtable, Hirsch Library, MFAH
- 11:15 am-12:15 pm: Chapter Business Meeting, Hirsch Library, MFAH
- 12:30-1:30 pm: Hirsch Library and exhibition tour, MFAH