The Lois Swan Jones Professional Development Award includes a monetary award to go toward conference expenses as well as a year of membership in the ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico chapter.
Professionals and students are both encouraged to apply!
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of ARLIS/NA. The award will include one year of membership in the ARLIS Texas-Mexico chapter. If you are already a member, this can be applied to your next year of membership.
- Applicants who are fully funded to attend the conference through their institution of employment or education are not eligible.
- Applicant may live outside of Texas or Mexico.
- Applicant is eligible even if the member has previously received the award. The committee shall consider the merits of the individual application independent of past decisions.
- Both professionals and students are encouraged to apply – no preference is given.
- Preference is given to first-time ARLIS/NA annual conference attendees.
- Preference is given to applicants actively participating in the conference, such as a speaker, moderator, recorder, or committee member.
Conditions of the Award
- Award recipients must commit to some level of conference involvement, which may include, but is not limited to, participation as a speaker, moderator, committee member, recorder, or volunteer with the local arrangements committee.
- Award recipients must write a report of conference activities and experiences for the chapter newsletter, The Medium. The report should include an account of how the award helped the recipient’s professional development.
- The chapter strongly encourages award recipients to continue active involvement in the chapter by renewing their membership and serving on the LSJ award committee the following year.
- Applicant should submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae to the LSJ award committee chair via email (Helen Lueders at email@example.com).
- The letter must include a statement of qualification explaining eligibility and interest, the amount of expected institutional funding (if any) for conference attendance, and proposed conference program involvement.
- The 2019 award deadline has passed. Please revisit this page in early fall 2019 to see the deadline for the 2020 award.
Questions about award application, requirements, procedure, etc. may be submitted to Helen Lueders, Chair, Lois Swan Jones Professional Development Award committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019 LSJ Professional Development Award committee includes:
Helen Lueders (The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston)
Samuel Duncan (Amon Carter Museum of American Art)
Lauren Gottlieb-Miller (The Menil Collection)