The Lois Swan Jones Professional Development Award includes a monetary award to go toward conference expenses as well as a year of membership in the ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico chapter.
The LSJ Award is awarded to help defray the costs of attending the conference – students and professionals are both encouraged to apply! The award committee urges everyone with interest and need to apply, especially first-time conference attendees. Previous recipients are eligible as well.
Deadline and Amount
- The deadline for applications is Friday, February 4th, 2022.
- The 2022 LSJ Award amount is $1000.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of ARLIS/NA. The award will include one year of membership in the ARLIS Texas-Mexico chapter. If you are already a member, this can be applied to your next year of membership.
- Applicants who are fully funded to attend the conference through their institution of employment or education are not eligible.
- Applicant may live outside of Texas or Mexico.
- Applicant is eligible even if the member has previously received the award. The committee shall consider the merits of the individual application independent of past decisions.
- Both professionals and students are encouraged to apply – no preference is given.
- Preference is given to first-time ARLIS/NA annual conference attendees.
- Preference is given to applicants actively participating in the conference, such as a speaker, moderator, recorder, or committee member.
Conditions of the Award
- Award recipients must commit to some level of conference involvement, which may include, but is not limited to, participation as a speaker, moderator, committee member, recorder, or volunteer with the local arrangements committee.
- Award recipients must write a report of conference activities and experiences for the chapter newsletter, The Medium. The report should include an account of how the award helped the recipient’s professional development.
- The chapter strongly encourages award recipients to continue active involvement in the chapter by renewing their membership and serving on the LSJ award committee the following year.
- Applicant should submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae to the LSJ award committee chair via email (Lauren Gottlieb-Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The letter must include a statement of qualification explaining eligibility and interest, the amount of expected institutional funding (if any) for conference attendance, and proposed conference program involvement.
- The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 4th, 2022. The award this year is $1000.
Questions about award application, requirements, procedure, etc. may be submitted to Lauren Gottlieb-Miller, Chair, Lois Swan Jones Professional Development Award committee: email@example.com
The 2022 LSJ Professional Development Award committee includes:
Lauren Gottlieb-Miller (The Menil Collection)
Shari Salisbury (University of Texas at San Antonio)
Kathleen Alleman (Dallas Museum of Art)